How to adjust a soft close toilet seat
Soft-close toilet seats work by using quiet-close, slow-collapsing hinges. These hinges are installed directly onto the back of the toilet bowl, then the seat and lid assembly click into the hinges. When a user opens the soft-close toilet seat, it remains in an upright position until the user gently pushes it slightly downward. Once the closing motion is begun, the seat and lid close slowly, gently resting on the toilet bowl. Adjustment is easy.
Raise the lid and seat on the soft-close toilet seat to its fullest upright position.
Depress the release button in the centre of the soft-close toilet seat, then pull the seat and lid off the hinges.
Loosen the adjustment/retaining screws on the hinges set in the "fixing holes" on the back of the toilet bowl with a screwdriver.
Adjust the loose hinges by hand to the desired position, then tighten the adjustment/retaining screws into place with a screwdriver.
Press the seat and lid assembly onto the adjusted hinges to finish. Your soft-close toilet seat is now adjusted correctly.
- How to Fold a Joovy Caboose
- How to Remove a Car Seat From the Base
- How to Fold a Maclaren Stroller
- How to Replace the Seat of an Evenflo ExerSaucer
- How to Fold a Mountain Buggy Stroller
- How to Adjust Evenflo Car Carrier Straps
- How to Collapse a Baby Trend Walker
- How to Charge a Peg Perego Gator
- How to Fold an Evenflo ExerSaucer
- Radio Flyer Wagon Assembly Instructions
- How to Recline a Graco Stroller
- How to Attach the Back of a Graco Booster Seat
- Instructions for an Instep Safari TT
- How to Clean a Maclaren Triumph Stroller
- How to Remove a Bicycle's Front Sprocket
- "Residential Construction Academy: Plumbing"; Michael A Joyce; 2004
- David De Lossy/Digital Vision/Getty Images