How to Fold Umbrella Strollers
With their curved handles in the shape of an umbrella handle, the aptly named umbrella strollers are lightweight and inexpensive, making them ideal for all types of outings with your little one -- from out-of-town trips to a daily jaunt to the park. When it's time to pack up for transport or storage, most of these strollers fold in a similar way.
Keep children away from the umbrella stroller while folding it to prevent injuries 1. Although many manufacturers make umbrella strollers, the general style and design is similar regardless of the brand. If the umbrella stroller features a canopy for sun protection, close it prior to folding the stroller 1. Lock the brakes for stability and security.
Examine the horizontal frame that connects the two rear wheels of the stroller. At the midway point of this frame bar, you will likely see a red lever.
Push this lever forward with your toe or fingers and move it to the left. With this process, the frame between the rear wheels should unlock and begin collapsing.
Push forward on the handles of the stroller to fold it compactly.
Squeeze the stroller together and lock it into the folded position with the locking latch located on the side of the stroller.
- How to Modify Stroller Wheels
- Instructions for an Instep Safari TT
- Instructions for a Graco DuoGlider Stroller
- How to Fold the Combi Stroller
- How to Fold a Maclaren Stroller
- Types of Childproof Cabinet Door Latches
- How to Change Frequency on RC Toys
- How to Disassemble a Nerf Longshot
- How to Open a Chicco Stroller
- How to Fold an Evenflo Baby Stroller
- How to Make a Trailer From Plastic Barrels
- How to Put Together a Kolcraft Rocking Bassinet
- How to Make a Jogging Stroller Track Straight
- How to Disassemble a Force FX
- How to Remove the Governor From Fisher Price Power Wheels Vehicles
- Comstock/Stockbyte/Getty Images