How to Remove the Governor From Fisher Price Power Wheels Vehicles
Each Fisher-Price Power Wheels toy vehicle is manufactured with a high-speed lockout screw that acts as a governor for the vehicle 123. When installed, the high-speed lockout screw prevents a child from driving the Power Wheels vehicle at its top speed. This safety feature is designed to allow a child to learn the Power Wheels controls and how to safely drive the vehicle at a lower speed before riding at top speed. You can remove the screw once your child is familiar with the controls.
Move the Power Wheels vehicle shifter to the leftmost position, often referred to as position 1, if your Power Wheels vehicle shifter is installed in a horizontal position. Position 1 is the low-speed, forward-moving shifter position. Move the shifter to the lowest position if your Power Wheels vehicle shifter is installed in a vertical position.
Remove the screw from the upper left or right side of the shifter base with a Phillips screwdriver on Power Wheels vehicles with a horizontal shifter. Remove the screw located just below the shifter on Power Wheels with a vertical shifter.
Locate the shift lever lock and pull it back to release the lock, if your Power Wheels has a shift lever lock. The shift lever lock is found on the left side of the shifter base in some Power Wheels models with a horizontal shifter. Not all models have this lock.
Place the shifter in the farthest-forward position for horizontal shift levers or in the uppermost position for vertical shift levers to use the higher-speed function of your Power Wheels vehicle.
- How to Fold a Joovy Caboose
- How to Replace Radio Flyer Wagon Wheels
- How to Remove a Bicycle's Front Sprocket
- How to Troubleshoot a Geotrax Locomotive
- How to Put the Straps Back Together in a Graco Infant Car Seat
- Are Car Seats Allowed in the Front of Trucks?
- How to Recline a Graco Stroller
- How to Charge an Air Hogs Havoc Heli
- How to Fold a Maclaren Stroller
- How to Fold the Mia Moda Stroller
- Instructions for a Rechargeable Leapster
- How to Install an Alpha Omega Elite Car Seat
- How to Troubleshoot Slot Cars
- Radio Flyer Wagon Assembly Instructions
- How To Increase The Range Of An RC Car
- Mattel Consumer Relations: "Fisher-Price Power Wheels Kawasaki Brute Force Ultimate Terrain Traction Owner's Manual for Model J5248" (2006)
- Mattel Consumer Relations: "Fisher-Price Power Wheels Jeep Hurricane Ultimate Terrain Traction Owner's Manual for Models J4394 and K7112" (2006)
- Mattel Consumer Relations: "Fisher-Price Power Wheels Cadillac Escalade Barbie Custom Edition Owner's Manual for Model N1475" (2008)