Problems Setting Up the LeapFrog Connect
LeapFrog electronic products offer parents and children the ability to connect the toy to a computer for enhanced learning through the online LeapFrog Connect service 1. LeapFrog Connect allows parents to track their child's progress with the games played on the toy and children also earn rewards, such as treats for virtual pets, by playing with their toy 1. If LeapFrog Connect fails to launch, check the toy’s USB cable connection, batteries and your computer's settings 1.
Toys that use LeapFrog Connect, such as the Tag reading systems and Leapster Gaming devices, come with a CD to install the application onto a computer 1. While proper installation requires an Internet connection, the CD itself isn’t necessary. Parents can download the Connect application from LeapFrog's website 1. Once installed, LeapFrog Connect launches automatically when you plug the toy into a computer with the supplied USB cable 1. If the application doesn't launch, make sure you have the USB cable in the correct ports on the computer and on the toy. Make sure that the toy is also turned on, because this instructs the computer to start LeapFrog Connect 1.
Certain settings on your computer's antivirus software may prevent the transfer of data between the LeapFrog toy and LeapFrog Connect 1. For example, if you have McAfee Internet Security, open this application by clicking on the McAfee icon at the bottom of your computer screen. Check firewall settings to ensure LeapFrog Connect Application hasn't been blocked 1. If it has, change the firewall access permissions to allow the application ro connect to the Internet.
The LeapFrog toy must have power to launch LeapFrog Connect 1. If the toy doesn't power on, replace the batteries and try turning on the toy again. If after correctly changing the batteries the toy still doesn't turn on, contact LeapFrog's customer support for service and repair information.
LeapFrog Connect may ask for permission to install critical updates or upgrades that might include new games and rewards 1. The update notification instructs parents to download the Connect application again 1. Click the OK button when prompted to begin the process, which can take up to 10 minutes to complete.
- How to Troubleshoot a Geotrax Locomotive
- How to Fix an Etch A Sketch
- How to Charge an Air Hogs Havoc Heli
- Troubleshooting for Power Wheels
- How to Troubleshoot the Peg Perego Gator
- How To Troubleshoot a Lionel Train
- How to Remove a Bicycle's Front Sprocket
- Instructions on How to Use Hello Kitty SMS Text Messenger
- How to Fix Rechargeable Batteries That Won't Hold a Charge
- How to Charge a Peg Perego Gator
- How to Check the Fuse on a Power Wheels Battery
- How to Fold a Joovy Caboose
- How to Replace the Battery on the Thinkway Buzz Lightyear
- How to Turn Off a Zhu Zhu Pet
- How to Hang Stuffed Animals From the Ceiling of a Child's Room