How to Measure the Size of Doll Babies
Doll babies come in an wide number of sizes and shapes from an large number of manufacturers. When you want to make clothes for your doll or purchase clothes for your doll baby you need to know the size of your doll in order to ensure that the clothes will fit properly. You will need a flat surface to place your doll baby down on in order to get accurate measurements.
Remove any accessories, like shoes and hats. Lay your doll baby down flat on its back.
Measure the height by starting the tape measure at the doll baby's feet and extending it to the top of its head.
Measure your doll's chest width by starting the tape measure directly under one of the arms and extending it straight across the chest to under the other arm.
Measure the doll's waist. Pick up the doll and place the tape measure in center of the waist on the front of the doll. Wrap the tape measure around the waste to meet the start of the tape measure.
Measure the circumference of your doll's hips. Pick the widest point on the doll's upper leg. Starting in the middle front of the doll, wrap the tape measure around to the doll until it meets the start of the tape measure.
- Can You Wash American Girl Doll Hair?
- How to Clean Barbie Doll Hair
- Water Babies Instructions
- How to Curl an American Girl Doll's Hair
- How to Clean Cabbage Patch Dolls
- How to Identify a Berenguer Doll
- How to Curl Synthetic Doll Hair
- How to Curl Barbie Hair
- How to Make My Own Stick Jig Dancer Doll
- How to Get Baby Oil Out of Hair
- How to Make a Cabbage Patch Doll Face
- How to Make Wax Dolls
- How Do You Make Adult Men & Women Life-Size Cloth Dolls?
- Home Remedies for Babies With Dry Hair
- How to Make Human Hair Wigs for Dolls
- Braden BA, Gaspar PM. Implementation of a baby doll therapy protocol for people with dementia: Innovative practice. Dementia (London). 2015;14(5):696-706. doi:10.1177/1471301214561532
- Mitchell G, Mccormack B, Mccance T. Therapeutic use of dolls for people living with dementia: A critical review of the literature. Dementia (London). 2016;15(5):976-1001. doi:10.1177/1471301214548522
- Mitchell G, Templeton M. Ethical considerations of doll therapy for people with dementia. Nurs Ethics. 2014;21(6):720-30. doi:10.1177/0969733013518447.
- National Public Radio. Doll Therapy May Help Calm People With Dementia. 2016.
- Scales K, Zimmerman S, Miller SJ. Evidence-Based Nonpharmacological Practices to Address Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia. Gerontologist. 2018;58(suppl_1):S88-S102. doi:10.1093/geront/gnx167
- Shin JH. Doll therapy: an intervention for nursing home residents with dementia. J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv. 2015;53(1):13-8. doi:10.3928/02793695-20141218-03
- Mitchell, G. and O’Donnell, H. The therapeutic use of doll therapy in dementia. British Journal of Nursing. 2013; 22(6), pp.329-334.
- Alzheimers Australia Organization. Guidelines for Use of Dolls and Mechanized Pets as a Therapeutic Tool.
- Ng QX, Ho CY, Koh SS, Tan WC, Chan HW. Doll therapy for dementia sufferers: A systematic review. Complement Ther Clin Pract. 2017;26:42-46. doi:10.1016/j.ctcp.2016.11.007
- Hemera Technologies/PhotoObjects.net/Getty Images