How to Curl Barbie Hair
A Barbie is a doll created by Mattel in 1959. Barbie has come in many different outfits and hairstyles over the years. Some Barbies have curly hair. Once you purchase a Barbie and your child plays with it, the curls can come loose. You may need to curl the Barbie's hair yourself, but you can't use a regular curling iron because the hair is not real. There is a technique that can help your restore your Barbie's beautiful curls.
Wash your Barbie's hair with baby shampoo and warm water. You can do this in your kitchen sink. Your Barbie's hair will need to be wet to set the curls, and washing the hair will make sure the curls are clean.
Use a hand towel to soak up some of the excess water in your Barbie's hair. You want it to be wet, but not dripping wet.
Cut a few straws in to four pieces. Cut the straw in half and then cut each half in half. These will be the curlers.
Take a piece of your Barbie's wet hair and roll it up with the straw as you would a curler. Once you make it to the scalp use a bobby pin to hold it in place.
Continue wrapping pieces of your Barbie's hair in the straws until the entire head of hair is wrapped.
Allow the hair to air dry. Remove the bobby pins and take out the straw pieces. Your Barbie's hair will now be curled. Fluff up the curls with your fingers, not a hair brush.
You can use pencils if you don't have plastic straws.
You can use a blow dryer on low heat if you don't want to wait for the hair to dry naturally.
Do not use a curling iron on your Barbie's hair as it may melt the hair and cause it to stick to the iron.
- How to Recondition Doll Hair
- How to Clean Cabbage Patch Dolls
- How to Clean Madame Alexander Doll Hair
- How to Dye Barbie Hair
- Can You Wash American Girl Doll Hair?
- How to Clean Cloth Dolls
- How to Dye Barbie's Hair With Acrylic Paint
- How to Dye Doll Hair
- How to Clean an American Girl Doll
- Home Remedies for Babies With Dry Hair
- How to Cut Little Girls' Curly Hair
- How to Make Plastic Dolls
- How to Care for Cabbage Patch Cornsilk Hair Dolls
- How to Remove Stains on Vinyl Dolls
- Ideas for Kids to Dress Up Like Old People
- You can use pencils if you don't have plastic straws.
- You can use a blow dryer on low heat if you don't want to wait for the hair to dry naturally.
- Do not use a curling iron on your Barbie's hair as it may melt the hair and cause it to stick to the iron.
- Jasmine Morris/Demand Media