How to Check the Gender of a Baby With a Ring and a String
Once you or your friend makes the announcement that there is a baby on the way, the gender-guessing games immediately begin. There are countless wives' tales and traditions used to predict a baby’s gender. Whether or not these tests are accurate is highly debatable, but still fun. The ring and string trick is one wives' tale that claims to determine the sex of an unborn baby.
Find a piece of thread or yarn. The type of string is not important for this test. You will need roughly 10 to 12 inches.
Tie the string around a ring. Knot the string to secure it in place.
Have the expectant mother lie down on her back. Choose a comfortable place like a couch or bed - not a hard floor.
Hold the end of the string over the expectant mother’s stomach. Let the ring hang an inch or two directly over her belly 3.
Move the string gently to create momentum for the ring. Once the ring begins moving, keep your end of the string still.
Observe the movement of the ring as it sways. If it moves in a circular motion, the baby is believed to be a boy. If it swings in a straight, back and forth motion like a pendulum, this suggests that the mom-to-be is having a girl.
If a ring is not available for this test, you might also use a pencil, paperclip or any other small and lightweigh object.
This test should be performed only for entertainment. It should not be considered a reliable source for determining the gender of a baby.
- Ways to Describe a Cute Baby Boy
- How to Fix the Elevator on a Barbie Dream House
- How to Make a Crib Like a Bassinet
- The Inability to Regulate Body Temperature in Infants
- Little Einstein Jumper Instructions
- What Does it Mean When Baby's Bowel Movement Is Sticky?
- How to Check a Baby's Testicles
- How to Measure the Size of Doll Babies
- How Should a Parent Walk a Baby Onstage During a Pageant?
- Where Can You Put Diaper Ointment on a Girl?
- How to Make a Baby Weight Pool Chart
- How to Remove Children's Earrings
- How to Assemble a Dropside Crib
- Bumbo Tray Instructions
- How to Tell if a Teenage Boy Really Likes Your Daughter
- If a ring is not available for this test, you might also use a pencil, paperclip or any other small and lightweigh object.
- This test should be performed only for entertainment. It should not be considered a reliable source for determining the gender of a baby.
- Gerren Kelsaw/Demand Media