How to Remove Stains on Vinyl Dolls
Vinyl dolls, just like plastic and fabric dolls, can get stained and dirty. Most commonly, vinyl dolls get stained because the doll is being handled too much or its clothing had gotten wet and the fabric dye has “bled” onto the doll. Most stains can be easily removed with just a few household items. For heavy stains benzoyl peroxide will do the trick. Benzoyl peroxide can be found in most acne creams.
Wipe your vinyl doll down with a baby wipe 1. This will help to remove oils like the ones that come from a person's fingertips.
Apply a few drops of liquid dish soap into a bowl of water. Mix with your fingers until the water becomes sudsy.
Dip your wash cloth into the soapy water and wring out well.
Scrub the dirt and stains on your vinyl doll 1. Use medium pressure and clean in a circular pattern.
Dip your toothbrush into your soapy water and scrub the dolls fingernails and toe nails.
Wipe away the soap with a wet wash cloth and dry. If your doll is still stained, move onto the next step.
Apply a liberal amount of the acne cream to the stain on your vinyl doll. Allow to set overnight.
Wipe away the acne cream with a soapy wash cloth.
Wipe away the soap with a clean damp wash cloth and then dry. Your doll should now be stain free.
If your doll has dirty hair, you can purchase doll hair cleaner from your local craft or hobby store.
Do not use the acne cream on painted areas of your vinyl doll. This could remove the paint. Soap and water should remove the stains from your doll's face.
- How to Remove Ink From a Doll's Face
- How to Restore Baby Shoes
- How to Remove A&D Ointment From a Couch
- Remedies to Remove Underarm Odor From Clothes
- How to Get Mildew & Mold Off Strollers
- How to Clean a Vintage Hard Plastic Doll
- How to Boil Baby Bottle Nipples
- How to Repair Vinyl Toys
- How to Clean Barbie Doll Hair
- How to Clean a Cloth Book Cover
- How to Clean Lamaze Toys
- How to Bleach Doll Hair
- How to Remove Cigarette Smoke Smell From Dolls
- How to Restore a Fiberglass Basketball Backboard
- How to Care for a Silicone Doll
- If your doll has dirty hair, you can purchase doll hair cleaner from your local craft or hobby store.
- Do not use the acne cream on painted areas of your vinyl doll. This could remove the paint. Soap and water should remove the stains from your doll's face.