How to get ink off of dolls
Ink can get on dolls through a variety of mistakes, including curious children who want to experiment with a pen and adults with a pen in their hand that accidentally marks the doll. Removing ink from a doll, whether the doll is made from plastic, cloth or porcelain, can be accomplished through a few different methods.
Spray a small amount of hairspray on a clean cotton swab and apply to the ink stain on the doll. Repeat until the ink is removed. This method is best for porcelain or plastic dolls.
Dampen a stain removing sponge, such as a Magic Eraser, and gently apply to the ink stain on the doll. Scrub gently until the ink stain is gone. This method will work on cloth, plastic or porcelain dolls.
Dip a clean cotton swab in rubbing alcohol and then wipe over the ink stain. Repeat until the ink is gone. This step is best for plastic dolls.
Gently dampen a soft, clean, cloth with a small amount of vodka. Gently wipe over the ink stain and follow with a clean cloth dampened with water. This method will work on cloth, plastic or porcelain surfaces, but be cautious when using on a cloth doll not to oversaturate the cloth material to avoid further staining.
Apply a small amount benzoyl peroxide cream, such as an acne topical treatment like OxyCream with 10 per cent benzoyl peroxide. Allow the cream to penetrate the ink for approximately 3 hours and then wipe clean with warm water. Repeat as needed until the ink is gone. This method is best for plastic dolls.
Apply a small amount of a solvent substance like WD-40 to the ink and then wipe clean with a damp, clean cloth. This method is best for plastic and porcelain dolls. WD-40 can be purchased at most grocery stores, chemists or hardware stores.
Rub a small amount of stain remover, such as Tide Stain Eraser, over the ink stain. Repeat until the ink is gone. This method is best for cloth dolls. Stain remover can be purchased at most grocery or chemists.
Apply a small amount of plastic cleaner, available at most hardware stores or home repair stores, to a clean cotton pad and rub gently over the ink stain. Follow with a clean, damp cloth. This method works for all types of dolls 1.
- How to Get Washable Paint Out of Kids' Clothes
- How to Clean a Vintage Hard Plastic Doll
- How to Remove Cigarette Smoke Smell From Dolls
- How to Clean Cabbage Patch Dolls
- How to Get Ink Off a Toddler
- How to Get Cigarette Smell Out of Toys
- How to Clean Barbie Doll Hair
- How to Fluff Up a Plush Stuffed Animal's Fur
- How to Dye Doll Hair
- Remedies to Remove Underarm Odor From Clothes
- How to Clean Japanese Dolls
- What Do You Seal a Cedar Playset With?
- How to Clean Stuffed Toys With Baking Soda
- How to Remove A&D Ointment From a Couch
- How to Dye Barbie's Hair With Acrylic Paint
- Vintage Doll image by gsmith from Fotolia.com