Homemade Face Paint Without Food Coloring
Creating homemade face paint is a fun and safe way to entertain children 1. Face painting is especially popular for kid's birthday parties and sleep overs. Most homemade face paint recipes instruct you to use food coloring or dye to add color to your paint 1. However, these substances are not natural and may cause an adverse reaction in some children who are allergic to food dye. Luckily, there is a natural way to add color to your homemade face paint using fruits and vegetables 1.
Measure out 3 tbsp. of cornstarch, 1 tbsp. of flour, 3/4 cup of light corn syrup and 1/4 cup of water into a bowl and mix until blended. These are the ingredients that will make up your basic face paint base. These measurements will yield about 3/4 to 1 cup of paint base.
Choose which color(s) of paint you want to make and choose corresponding fruits or vegetables to use as your coloring. For example, if want to make red paint, choose cherries or raspberries. Blueberries will create a bluish purple color. Peas can be used to create green and corn will produce a buttery yellow shade. You can also play with combinations of fruits and vegetables to create different shades. Avoid using peppers or highly acidic fruits that may burn or irritate a child's sensitive skin.
Place a portion of the base plus the fruit(s) and/or vegetable(s) you've chosen for a color into your blender and blend on a medium to high setting for about a minute. Add more of your fruit or vegetable to get a darker color if you choose. Once you are satisfied with the color, empty your blender into a small plastic container and place it in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. Repeat adding some base plus the fruit/vegetable and blending for each color you desire.
- How to Make Soap for a Bubble Machine
- How to Make Your Own Goop for Bug Makers
- How to Make Aromatherapy Rice Bags
- How to Change & Customize WWE Figures
- How to Make Baby Food Without a Steamer
- How to Cook Squash for Baby
- How to Remove A&D Ointment From a Couch
- How to Clean a Cloth Book Cover
- How to Convert a Pipe Into a Bubble Pipe
- How to Repair the Face of a Composition Doll
- How to Add Water to Flarp!
- How to Restore Baby Shoes
- How to Restore a Fiberglass Basketball Backboard
- How to Color Barbie Doll Hair With Food Coloring
- Ingredients in Sensodyne Toothpaste
- face paint image by Piter Pkruger from Fotolia.com