How to Pull Up the Sides on a Cosco Play Yard
Play yards are safe havens for infants to spend time, and are also known as playpens or pack 'n plays. They can allow babies to play and amuse themselves in a safe, enclosed place. They can also be used as a portable crib, and the Cosco Play Yard is particularly easy to carry around wherever your baby may need a nap 1. The Cosco Play Yard is relatively easy to set up and take down; pulling up the sides is the most important step in both the setup and breakdown of the Cosco Play Yard.
Setting Up the Cosco Play Yard
Stand the folded up play yard on its legs. Pull on opposite corners to separate the legs.
Pull the strap or handle up on the center lock and keep it raised until all four side rails are locked into place. Lock the four side rails into place using your other hand by pulling up in the center of the rail until you hear a click, signifying that the rail has locked. The sides may be locked in any order.
Once all side rails are locked into place, push down on the center lock. Add the floor board that came with the Cosco Play Yard prior to placing your infant in the Play Yard; align the hook-and-loop straps to obtain the proper fit.
Taking Down the Play Yard
Remove the straps on the floor board and remove the floor board. Pull the strap on the center lock and raise halfway up.
Take either of the longer side rails and squeeze the lock on the center of the rail. Pull up slightly, then push down. Take the other long side rail and squeeze the lock on the center, then pull up slightly and push down on that rail, as well.
Take either of the shorter side rails and squeeze the lock on the center of the rail. Pull up slightly, then push down that side rail. Take the other short rail and squeeze the lock on the center, then pull up slightly and push down the final side rail.
Once each of the side rails are unlocked, pull the tab on the center lock and lift all the way up. Wrap the floor board around the play yard to securely store the play yard 1.
If the locks on the side rails fail to release, lift the strap on the center lock and lift the center rack higher.
Do not leave toys, blankets or pillows in the play yard while infant is sleeping in it. Follow all safety guidelines.
- Instructions for a Graco DuoGlider Stroller
- Baby Trend Playard Instructions
- How to Fold Down the Cosco Play Yard
- How to Put Together Century Fold-N-Go Playpens
- How to Fold a Maclaren Stroller
- The Instructions for an Evenflo Playard
- How to Open a Graco Stroller
- How to Fold the Mia Moda Stroller
- How to Fold the Combi Stroller
- Instructions for the Chicco Lullaby Play Yard
- How to Raise a Crib's Mattress
- Evenflo Crib Assembly Instructions
- How to Put Together a Kolcraft Rocking Bassinet
- Instructions for an Instep Safari TT
- How to Assemble Simmons Baby Cribs
- If the locks on the side rails fail to release, lift the strap on the center lock and lift the center rack higher.
- Do not leave toys, blankets or pillows in the play yard while infant is sleeping in it.
- Follow all safety guidelines.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images