How to Identify a Traxxas T-Maxx Model
Ever since its release, Traxxas has had unmatched success with what is now one of the most popular RC nitro trucks on the market 1. Though it has undergone several make-overs, the underlying mechanics of this monster truck remain relatively unchanged. Learn how to identify the different T-Maxx models to ensure that you have found the one you want.
Identify the characteristic elements of the Traxxas T-Maxx Monster Truck 1. Since they were fist put on the market, all T-Maxx's came with long-travel eight-shock suspension, fully proportional forward/reverse gearboxes, an automatic two-speed transmission, proportional four-wheel braking and an EZ-start pushbutton electric starting unit.
Check if the vehicle is Nitro or Electric. All T-Maxx models are powered by a nitro engine. There is an electric cousin of the T-Maxx, called the E-Maxx. Though they are similar, this defining characteristic makes it easy to tell them apart.
Identify the generation of T-Maxx. The first generation was the Traxxas T-Maxx with Pro .15 Engine, which is the smallest engine a stock T-Maxx ever had 1. The next model, T-Maxx 2.5, had the larger TRX 2.5 engine, along with other improvements like a wider wheel base and stronger driveshafts.The third model, Traxxas T-Maxx 2.5R, had the 2.5R racing motor, equipped with a blue anodized aluminum head, and low-profile Chevron-styled tires 1. The most recent model, Traccas T-Maxx 3.3, incorporates everything from the 2.5R, but with a stronger TRX 3.3 racing engine.
- How to Identify Pontil Marks on Marbles
- Radio Flyer Wagon Assembly Instructions
- How to Replace the Battery on the Thinkway Buzz Lightyear
- How to Repair Windup Toys
- Difference Between Hot Wheels Cars and Matchbox Cars
- How to Build a Pedal Tractor Weight Sled
- How to Repair a Bobblehead
- What Is the Difference Between LEGO & DUPLO?
- How to Replace the Battery on Thomas the Tank Engine Toys
- What Plastics Are Used to Make Toys?
- Instructions on How to Charge Your Kid's John Deere Gator
- How to Change Frequency on RC Toys
- How Are Hot Wheels Made?
- Big Wheel Assembly Instructions
- The History of Pull Along Toys
- rc-modellauto image by andreas from Fotolia.com