How to Get Fingernail Polish Off of a Kid's Face
Have another person help you with a wiggly child. One person can hold the child and catch any remover drips with a wash cloth while the other person removes the nail polish. Use acetone-free nail polish remover.
Avoid rubbing your child's face to remove the nail polish faster. Use gentle, repeated swipes to slowly wear the polish away.
It's normal to get a little nail polish on your skin when painting your fingernails. But nail polish on your child's face is out of the ordinary. If sneaking into mom's beauty supplies has left your child with colorful nail polish on her face, you can remove it with no problem. When removing the nail polish, you must use caution to avoid irritating your child's eyes. But with careful removal technique, you can get rid of the colorful stains.
Dampen a cotton ball with nail polish remover. Squeeze out excess moisture.
Tilt your child's face so that any nail polish remover that drips will drip away from the eyes and mouth.
Swipe the nail polish repeatedly to remove it. As the nail polish is lifted, apply remover to a clean cotton ball or cotton swab and continue to gently swipe.
Moisten a wash cloth with warm water. Add one drop of liquid soap.
Wash your child's face to remove the nail polish remover. Rinse the skin by patting it with a damp cloth. Dry your child's skin with a towel.
- How to Remove Stains on Vinyl Dolls
- How to Restore Baby Shoes
- How to Get Stains Off of Dolls' Faces
- What Should I Do for My Baby's Chapped Cheeks?
- How to Prevent Toddlers From Picking Their Scabs
- Dry, Crusty Skin on the Eyebrows of Babies
- How to Use Aloe Vera on Newborns
- How to Treat Blackheads in a 10-Year-Old
- What Can I Put Under a Baby's Nose to Help With the Dry Skin From a Cold?
- How to Get Mucus Out of Baby Chest
- Cleaning Tips For Toilet Training Accidents
- How to Treat Cracked Skin Caused by a Baby's Thumb-Sucking
- How to Treat Diaper Rash with Burned Flour
- How to Get Baby Oil Out of Hair
- How to Get Washable Paint Out of Kids' Clothes
- Polka Dot Images/Polka Dot/Getty Images