How to Install the SafeFit Baby-in-Sight Mirror
The SafeFit Baby-in-Sight mirror is a product designed for use in vehicles equipped with a rear-facing baby seat. Once installed, the product directs the baby's reflection towards the front of the automobile, allowing the parent to check in on the child by looking in the rear-view mirror. Because the configuration of the back seat varies depending on the model of vehicle, the mirror comes equipped with a variety of mounting accessories, including a fabric strap and adjustable stand.
Position the mirror on the top edge of the back seat, next to the car seat. Grip the end of the fabric strap attached to the back of the mirror.
Push the fabric strap into the gap between the back seat and the rear deck; insert enough of the strap to support the weight of the mirror.
Sit in the front seat of the vehicle and look into the rear-view mirror. Check the location and angle of the baby mirror to determine if you have properly positioned the device. Perform any required adjustments by shifting the mirror and strap and tilting the device's stand.
Extend the headrest attached to the section of the back seat where you have installed the baby seat. Position the mirror against the front edge of the headrest, such that the fabric flap is located on the bottom edge of the device.
Pass the fabric strap through the gap between the headrest and the top edge of the back seat. Pull the strap up around the headrest and attach the strap's clip to the ring on the top edge of the mirror.
Sit in the front seat of the vehicle and look into the rear-view mirror; check the location and angle of the baby mirror to determine if you have properly positioned the device. Tighten or loosen the adjustment strap attached to the back of the mirror to change the angle of reflection, if necessary.
Inspect the rear deck and find the tether anchor located directly behind the installed car seat. Locate the fabric strap attached to the rear of the mirror. Grip the clip attached to the end of the strap; connect the clip to the crossbar set inside the tether anchor.
Lower the mirror over the front edge of the back seat. Use the adjustment stand to set the mirror's angle.
Sit in the front seat of the vehicle and look into the rear-view mirror; check the location and angle of the baby mirror to determine if you have properly positioned the device. Shift the mirror's adjustment stand change the angle of reflection, if necessary.
Do not connect the mirror to a tether mount if the mount is already in use by the car seat.
- How to Recline a Graco Stroller
- How to Fold a Mountain Buggy Stroller
- Instructions for a Graco DuoGlider Stroller
- How to Remove Rainforest Jumperoo Seat Cushion
- Eddie Bauer Infant Car Seat Installation Instructions
- How to Convert a Stroller to Sit & Stand
- How to Open a Chicco Stroller
- How to Fold a Joovy Caboose
- How to Make a Skirt for a RC Hovercraft
- How to Replace Straps on a Graco Swing
- Snugli Baby Carrier Instructions
- How to Attach the Back of a Graco Booster Seat
- How to Replace the Seat of an Evenflo ExerSaucer
- Evenflo Crib Assembly Instructions
- How to Put Together a Kolcraft Rocking Bassinet
- Vstock LLC/VStock/Getty Images