How to Change Acidity for Gender Selection
Throughout human history, people have sought ways to choose the gender of their children. Currently the only guaranteed way to choose gender is to use in-vitro fertilization and test the gender of the embryos, an invasive and expensive prospect. At-home gender selection methods offer no guarantees but can sway the odds in favor of conceiving your desired gender. The acidity of both parents’ reproductive tracts influences gender because female X sperm thrive in an acidic environment, while male Y sperm do best in a basic or alkaline environment.
Test Your Acidity
Purchase pH test strips or a digital pH tester. The pH strips are inexpensive but somewhat hard to read, while digital testers are more accurate but expensive. Acidity and alkalinity are measured on a scale of 0 to 14 with 0 being the most acidic and 14 the most alkaline. Lower pH favors girl conception while higher pH favors boy conception.
Test the woman’s pH by reaching into the vagina to touch the cervix and collect some cervical mucus on your finger. Test the cervical mucus with your pH strips or digital tester following the directions on the product you purchased. To favor conception of a girl, the woman’s cervical mucus pH should ideally be between 4 and 4.5. For a boy, the woman’s pH should be 7.5 to 9.
Use the pH strips or digital tester to test the pH of the man’s semen after ejaculating into a clean cup. To conceive a girl, the man’s semen pH should be 7 to 7.5. To sway conception in favor of a boy, the man’s pH should be above 9.
Lower pH for a Girl
Take acidifying supplements such as calcium, magnesium, acidophilus and cranberry pills. See the Girl Swaying FAQ in the References section below for details on how to take these supplements.
Eat acidifying foods and avoid alkalinizing foods. See the Resources section for a chart of acidic and alkaline foods.
Douche an hour before intercourse with an acidifying douche if the woman’s pH is higher than 4.5. For best results make your own douche by mixing lime juice with distilled water until the pH reaches 2. Let it stand for 10 minutes; then stir again. Insert with a douche or large syringe while lying down. You can also use a store-bought vinegar douche.
Keep pH low after intercourse. Mix lime juice with warm distilled water to achieve a pH of 2. Soak a tampon in its applicator in the lime and water mixture. Insert the tampon half an hour after intercourse and leave it in for four hours.
Higher pH for a Boy
Supplement your diet with sodium, potassium, baking soda dissolved in water (following directions and dosages on the baking soda package), and lemon or lime juice squeezed into water. Lemon and lime are acidic themselves, but cause an alkalinizing reaction in the stomach when consumed. The woman can also take FertileCM and the man can can take L-arginine. For more information on these supplements see the Boy Swaying FAQ in the References section below.
Eat alkalinizing foods and stay away from acidifying foods.
Douche with baking soda one hour before intercourse. Mix two tablespoons of baking soda into one liter of warm tap water. Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir again and make sure the solution is fully dissolved. Insert into the vagina with a douche or large syringe while lying down.
Use egg whites to raise pH and create a friendly environment for sperm. Purchase pasteurized eggs. Let an egg sit out of the refrigerator for one hour to reach room temperature. Wash the shell carefully before breaking the egg. Separate the white from the yolk. Test the pH of the egg white; ideally it should be between 9 and 10. Insert the egg white into the vagina before intercourse.
The woman must take folic acid daily when trying to conceive, regardless of which gender is desired. Be wary of online gender-selection services that charge for a personal plan and offer a money-back guarantee. You can achieve the same results on your own for free.
Changing your acidity can sway the odds in favor of conceiving your desired gender, but it is not a guarantee. Do not attempt this unless you can accept a child of either gender. Stop any part of this plan if it causes discomfort or a negative impact on your health. Do not leave a lime tampon in for more than four hours. Do not exceed the recommended amount of supplements or baking soda.
- How Long After Eating Does Food Reach Breast Milk?
- How to Cook a Steak for Children
- Catnip & Fennel for Infant Colic
- The Effects of Soy Products on Teen Girls
- Zipfizz Side Effects
- Is Mefenamic Acid Safe in Breastfeeding?
- Is Greek Yogurt Safe for Babies?
- Which Type of Fever Thermometer for Adults?
- Supplements to Drink During Pregnancy to Gain Weight
- How to Use Gripe Water & Ovol Drops
- How to Get Baby Oil Out of Hair
- How to Get Rid of a Mustache on Kids
- Herbal Remedies for an Ovarian Cyst
- How to Make Poseable Dolls
- How to Use Herbalife During Nursing
- The woman must take folic acid daily when trying to conceive, regardless of which gender is desired.
- Be wary of online gender-selection services that charge for a personal plan and offer a money-back guarantee. You can achieve the same results on your own for free.
- Changing your acidity can sway the odds in favor of conceiving your desired gender, but it is not a guarantee. Do not attempt this unless you can accept a child of either gender.
- Stop any part of this plan if it causes discomfort or a negative impact on your health.
- Do not leave a lime tampon in for more than four hours.
- Do not exceed the recommended amount of supplements or baking soda.