Side Effects of Denamarin
Denamarin is a supplement used by veterinarians to support liver health in cats and dogs 1. Denamarin combines S-adenosylmethionine and silybin-phosphatidylcholine in three sizes for small, medium and large animals 1.
Denamarin is a supplement used by veterinarians to support liver health in cats and dogs 1. Denamarin combines S-adenosylmethionine and silybin-phosphatidylcholine in three sizes for small, medium and large animals 1. The first compound is essential to all cells and particularly important to liver cells because of the organ's role in metabolism. A deficiency may contribute to abnormalities in the structure and function of a liver. Veterinarians have found that providing this additional support can result in improvements in liver function without significant side effects.
According to Drugs.com, only mild gastrointestinal upset has been noted in primates 1. There have been no noted gastrointestinal problems in dogs or cats. However, these animals are unable to communicate any nausea symptoms, and only vomiting or diarrhea can be objectively evaluated. However, if nausea is experienced by dogs or cats, researchers have not found that it affects their appetite.
Itching and Headache
According to Drugs.com, occasional itching and headache have been noted in primates who have taken Denamarin to support liver health 1. While headache would be difficult to ascertain in dogs or cats, there has been no itching noted in these animals while taking the medication.
According to Drugs.com, there are no known drug interactions between Denamarin and other oral or injectible medications used in dogs and cats 1. NutraMax Labs, manufacturer of Denamarin, confirms that Denamarin has no known drug interactions with other drugs or supplements on the market for dogs and cats 1.
- Does an Allergic Reaction From a Cat Produce a Rash?
- NyQuil Overdose Symptoms
- Can Children Get Sick From Animals Peeing in the House?
- List of Pathological Diseases
- Hyperthyroidism Symptoms in Men
- Styrofoam Poison
- What Are the Signs & Symptoms of Bursting Ovarian Cysts?
- The Best Chamomile to Give Children With ADHD
- Excessive Thirst in Toddlers
- Nyquil Warnings
- The Health Risks of Temporary Tattoos for Children
- Causes of Elevated Bilirubin Levels
- About Hives and Other Allergy Symptoms Caused by Cat Dander
- Do Probiotics Affect Birth Control?
- Side Effects of Vaccines in 4-Year-Olds
- dog image by Michal Tudek from Fotolia.com