Pain in the Stomach After Eating While on Your Period
At some point, people experience abdominal pain after eating 1. This pain can be linked to many minor and major health problems. During the menstrual cycle, women may experience abdominal pain as part of premenstrual syndrome or due to many other conditions that can occur during menses 1.
At some point, people experience abdominal pain after eating 1. This pain can be linked to many minor and major health problems. During the menstrual cycle, women may experience abdominal pain as part of premenstrual syndrome or due to many other conditions that can occur during menses 1. Severe pain should never go overlooked even if it is experienced after eating a meal.
Generalized abdominal pain may occur in more than one part of the abdomen.This pain is caused by indigestion, gas, or a bacterial or viral infection in the stomach 1. Generalized pain can also occur during the menstrual cycle if you become bloated or there is a blockage in the intestines.
Localized pain is contained to one area of the stomach and is typically the sign of a problem in a specific organ. During your period, you may have localized pain in the ovaries or uterus, particular in women who have polycystic ovary syndrome or endometriosis. The pain may worsen after eating due to the stomach distending and pressing down on these organs.
During menstruation, women may experience cramp-like pain as part of premenstrual syndrome. However, if this pain begins after eating, it is likely due to gas or bloating, according to MedlinePlus 12. This type of pain is usually short-lived and treatable with over-the-counter supplements or medications. Cramp-like pain can also occur following bouts of stomach virus or with diarrhea.
If you've been diagnosed with reproductive conditions such as ovarian cysts or polycystic ovary syndrome and you develop pain at any point of the day, contact your physician. Premenstrual syndrome may cause you to develop aches or pains in the abdomen, lower back, or thighs before and during the menstrual cycle. If you have pain after eating during menstruation or before menstruation, accompanied with heartburn, you may have acid reflux, or GERD. See a physician for a proper diagnosis.
- Will an Ovarian Cyst Cause Pain During Exercising?
- Causes of a Sharp Pain in the Right Side While Pregnant
- Symptoms of a Cyst on the Liver
- What Are the Symptoms of Tuberculosis of the Bones?
- Side Effects After Stopping Depo-Provera
- Diverticulosis in Teenagers
- Causes of Bleeding During the 9th Month of Pregnancy
- Side Effects of Vaccines in 4-Year-Olds
- Four Weeks Pregnant With Pains in the Waist & Legs
- Side Effects of Promensil
- Frequent Urination in Teens
- Hypotonia In Teens
- When to Start Birth Control Pills After a Miscarriage
- Long-Term Side Effects of Mumps
- Is Vick's Vapor Rub OK to Use While Pregnant?
- Remains/iStock/Getty Images